1. Friendship: I am a sucker for friendship, it won’t even work in the first place if we are not friends. It’s a gradual process, know him well enough. Communication is key ingredient for a relationship to work, you should be able to talk endlessly with your partner and not struggle to strike a conversation with him, once there is a struggle, it only means there is a problem. Basic knowledge about him, his likes and dislikes, family etc. every day is another day to discover a new thing, that’s how friendship works. You are just never tired talking.
2. Miss Independence: You may think it’s about putting up an act to show you can handle your finances? NO! Being independent here only means, stay busy for yourself and don’t choke him all up by cancelling all other activities that existed in your life before you met him. Just because you are together doesn’t mean other activities and other people should be cancelled totally! If you are doing this you need to stop because at some point he just may get tired of seeing you on a daily. Let him miss you!
3. Zero Expectation, Zero Disappointment: Once you start dating, most ladies would start thinking ‘’marry me’’. You only spoil things with this thought just go with the flow that he brings on board. Don’t strike him as a desperate girl who just wants to be married.
4. Don’t be a Nag: This is the spoiler alert! No man wants to stay with a nagging girlfriend who just never sees anything good in what he does. You should let him know when you are unhappy about a situation but your manner of approach will help save the day. Shower him with praises, don’t condemn him even when things are tough, do not compare him with your friend’s boyfriend. Constantly nagging a guy won’t change his behaviour but makes him defensive and this can be frustrating to the both of you. Nag not!
5. Sexy Cool: No matter how long you have been with him, make sure you keep the spark alive. Some girls just feel overly comfortable when they are so sure about the guy and they let their guards down. Make him go bananas every time he sets his eyes on you. Wear that bubbly outfit he likes once in a while, send him mind blowing text messages. Keep the spark alive!
6. Surprise is the Spice of Life: This is applicable in every aspect of the relationship. Like they say, it’s the little things that matter, you can leave a note for him or the big one , go skydiving or get him gifts and just make him smile. Pull him out of his comfort zone!